The construction sector is the largest energy consumer in the world. Currently, in most countries which are members of the International Energy Agency (IEA), buildings consume more than 40 % of primary energy. In the IEA member countries, where the majority of constructed housing will be in operation, the focus should be given to the repair of buildings through the implementation of energy norms and the minimum standards of energy efficiency in existing buildings. In countries, which are not the IEA members, more than half of buildings have to be built by 2050, new buildings should be energy efficient, comply with the rules, governing strict energy saving standards. The necessary package of measures should help to improve energy efficiency of buildings.
The publication “Modern aspects of staffing of buildings energy efficiency in the Russian Federation” was published by UNDP/GEF Project “Energy efficiency of buildings in the North-West of Russia”. The publication includes a brief description of training modules in the field of energy efficiency and energy saving, developed by the Project during its implementation period and an overview of activities organized within the framework of the educational component of the Project. The publication was developed for professional association and as guidance for regional authorities as well.
The Project has published the broshure "Modern aspects of building energy efficiency in Russia. Regional authorities guidance".The brochure includes an overview of key provisions on building energy efficiency and energy certification in Russian Federation, the review of the regulatory framework and future development trends of energy savings. The brochure was developed for the professional association and as a guidance for regional authorities as well.
In the framework of implementation of the educational component by UNDP/GEF Project "Energy Efficiency buildings in the North-West Russia" was signed a cooperation agreement with one of the largest universities in the country - St. Petersburg state University of plant polymers (SPbSUPP).
The University is active in teaching students the basics of energy management, and cultural development of economical use of energy resources.
According to the arrangements in the new educational year with the support of the Project, the University will produce benefits for students in the following disciplines:
- The legal framework of energy efficiency in the Russian Federation (Download, 874 Kb)
- The importance of energy saving. State policy in the field of improving the efficiency of energy use (Download, 1.49 Mb)
- Energy efficiency and greenhouse gas (CO2) (Download, 905 Kb)
- Methods of energy saving, technology, facilities and construction (Download, 2 Mb)
- Systems and metering of energy consumption (Download, 660 Kb)
- Fundamentals of energy audit objects. Energy passport of the enterprise (Download, 1.3 Mb)
- Energy management system. ISO 50001 (Download, 748 Kb)
- Methods and criteria for evaluating the energy efficiency (Download, 807 Kb)